Saturday, January 7, 2017

2016 Year in Review

1. What did you do in 2016 that you'd never done before?
 I briefly work at the city newspaper. I enjoyed my limited time there.

2.  Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope. I think I won't make any for 2017 and just see where it goes.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope.


4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not blood but where do I begin? In 2016, musically: the world lost David Bowie, Prince, Natalie Cole, Maurice White, Glenn Frey and recently, George Michael. The acting world lost Alan Rickman, Gene Wilder, Ron Glass, Florence Henderson, Alan Thicke, Garry Shandling, Patty Duke, Abe Vigoda and as of today, both Carrie Fisher and her mother, Debbie Reynolds. Wrestling world lost Joanie Lauier, Hayabusa, Mr. Fuji, Balls & Axl and Blackjack Mulligan. And of course, we lost the great one, Muhammad Ali.

5. What countries did you visit?
None

6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
 Whatever was listed last year still stands but I'm getting closer to that degree...I think.

7. What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 21st, the day Prince died. I felt my soul hurt.

8.  What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Mostly see Answer 1 for this but also for lacing myself up by the bootstraps and finding myself another, least likable job.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Please read blog entry "Struggle Summer" for the details on that subject.

10.Did you suffer illness or injury?
I'm writing this while getting over a cold. Does that count?

 11. What was the best thing you bought?
A lot of stuff that I really didn't need but brought me even a little happiness.

 12.  Whose behavior merited celebration?
Any friend who was able to deal with my behavior during my darkest hours deserve a merit and a celebration for us all being here.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
America's.

 14.Where did most of your money go?
My money honestly went to monthly bus passes.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
See answer #1

16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Not to be funny or morbid but "Who wants to live forever" by Queen will made me think of this year, and not just because of the celebrity deaths.

 17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
  I. happier or sadder? Quite sadder
  II. thinner or fatter?: Way thinner, for some weird reason.
  III. richer or poorer? I ain't rich but I spend a lil' bit...

18.What do you wish you'd done more of?
Realized when a situation was beginning to go bad, I should've been prepared for it. I wish I would've done more writing too.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sat and moped when things went bad. Wish I still wasn't 50% suicidal most of the time either.

20. How was you be Christmas spent?
With my family.

 21. Did you fall in love in 2016?
As always, I fall in love all the time

 22. Did your heart break in 2016?
Yes but it wasn't over a person in particular, it was over actions and events in life.

 23.  What was your favorite TV program?
Luke Cage and Ash vs. Evil Dead, Atlanta, beyond that I didn't watch much tv.

24.Did you know anybody who got married?
An old crush of mine, Sarah, got married by her longtime boyfriend, the leader of a band. Beyond that, no one I can think of off the top of my head.

25. What states did you visit in 2016?
Just the one I live in.

26. Where were you when 2016 began?
At home, by myself

27. Who were you with?
 See previous answer

28. Where will you be when 2016 ended?
See answer 26.

29. Who were you with when 2016 ended?
See previous answer

30. What was the best book you read?
Not sure but I'm pretty sure it had pictures and was originally from Japan.

 31. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Honestly, it stayed the same as it normally is, which is all over the place. I've been listening to more commentaries and podcast lately.

 32. What did you want and get?
Knowing that my friends love me, even when I was at my darkest time in quite some time.

 33.What did you want and not get?
My degree (going on year 3 or 4 on that). I honestly always feel like I'm looking for something I can't find.

34. What was your favorite film of this year?
I'd say "Rogue One" but I haven't seen it yet. Um, definitely not "Ghostbusters '16" or "Suicide Squad" 

35. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Invited a group of friends to go eat in the Oregon District, only two showed up. We ate, got hammered and played arcade games. I turned 104.

36. Where did you go on vacation?
 Anyplace that wasn't home

 37. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
January-June: Black Hipster
July-September: homeless man
September-November: Professional adult
November-present: Black Hipster

 38. What kept you sane?
This year, friends, plain and simple. Therapy helped too.

39. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Since I now know for sure what this listing meant by fancying someone, hmm...Shailene Woodley is the only one I can think of right now.

 40. What political issue stirred you the most?
The presidency. To be honest, so many people I know are being affected by the aftermath, myself included.

 41. Did you have to go to the hospital?
No

 42.  How many concerts did you see in 2016?
None

  43. Did you have a favorite concert in 2016?
A Prince concert from 1985. It was magical...

 44.  Who were the best new people you met?
Chandra (though she's technically not new), Desiree, Asha, SonofKaras, Justin.

 45. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
 Probably being nosy around my best friend Zippy's personal life. Sometimes I vicariously live through her. Actually bringing myself to a Plasma Center because I was absolutely broke is a close second.

46. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2016?
 See answer 9

47.  Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016?
Good or bad, be prepared for anything... and do more fact checks before turning in articles...

 48. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Cos these are the days of our lives
They've flown in the swiftness of time
These days are all gone now but some things remain
When I look and I find - no change"-Queen "These are the days of our lives"





No comments:

Post a Comment