Sunday, March 11, 2018

Jesse Lee the anomaly

I guess this is my fault, being on youtube at all sorts of hours. Excuse me for not being able to sleep. Have you ever came across a youtube video that made you question your sanity? Did the subject or presenter ever say or do something so inane that you question whether or not this person was an actual person and not a malfunctioning android. I did and for once, it wasn't one of the Paul brothers. Oh, boy, did I...

I am speaking about the reverend (and I use the term lightly) Jesse Lee Peterson. An alt right activist and is  the founder of B.O.N.D., a black organization whose goal is to help black men get their lives together. Now, normally I would have no problem with an organization whose goal is for the betterment of black men but...his world views are, how should I say FUCKING HORRIBLE.

I dunno how much good a man can do wanting to better black people when they say that Jim Crow was not a bad idea. Yeah, he said that. According to him, white business owners have the right to turn down black people for the betterment of their business. Other questionable views he has include the following;
-Women should never have power over men. This included calling the Women's march on Washington the "Dirty Women rally" and claiming Ashley Judd (who was there) was on drugs.
-Believing that gay transgendered people are sick and should never serve in the military.
-As mentioned above, believing that Jim Crow is best for African Americans. Believes that organizations like the NAACP are bad for the African Americans. Calls anyone not of the republican party "Children of the lie".
-Believes that Trayvon Martin would be alive if his parents were still married. You know, because George Zimmerman would've cared about that. 

Now, in a twisted way, I understand what he's trying to do. He wants black people to do for themselves without needing an excuse or an organization. I get that but his views feel like they are coming from an old southern white man. From old videos I have seen of him, Peterson was pretty democratic (he was still unlikable but not all democrats are good) but in between then and now, he did a complete 180. Anytime someone debates Peterson, it always feels he ignores their question and settles with his own or the question go in one ear and out the other. I have literally lost my temper watching his videos, screaming at my laptop "Did you even hear their question?!".

I don't know what else to say about him but I can only hope he's happy in his sunken place. Yes, even I'm using that phrase when it comes to him.

Here is a video of interview between Peterson and activist Tariq Nasheed. Watch at your own risk, you may want to kick your computer in afterward:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhpyIGkCpHs


No comments:

Post a Comment