Thursday, November 10, 2016

We gonna be alright

So, anything new happen these past couple of days?

God, even his smile makes me want to punch him
Oh, yeah, that happened...

I know this election didn't go according to plan but this is where we are. I, like others, am in disbelief that Trump, a known racist, sexist and a bully is now our president of the united states. Some of us are sad, angry, in awe but this feeling overshadowed with the fear of "what next?". So many factions could be affected by his presidency. Will Trump make good on his threat to Hispanics and Muslims? Am I going to be deemed even more of a threat because I believe that #BlackLivesMatter (I should, I am black, you know). I have friends in the LGBTQ community scared because the new vice president sees them as some kind of monster. Female friends telling me that they're ready to stock up on pepper spray. Planned Parenthood, Medicaid, Welfare, dogs & cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA!!!

There's a lot of the blame game going around and while I blame those who either thought they were "too cool" to vote or decided that it would be funny to elect a meme, it is what it is. The biggest question  is how do get through these horrid four years. The only ways I can think of are together, compassionately and fiercely. Compassion because ignorance and hate is what got us where we are today. We took too much time calling Trump voters as backward hicks without realizing that half of them are the working class, duped by the biggest carnival barker of all. Fiercely because Trump's America is already beginning to happen. Kids are being humiliated because other kids, who, I hope, don't know any better, are saying they're going to be deported. We gotta stand for them, for our friends who are more scared than they ever were.

I'm gonna veer off for a second and say this, I am SEVERELY depressed, having spent most of this year picking up the pieces of my life (to get the gist of it, read "Struggle Summer"). Though everything is looking pretty good, I'm honestly still pretty suicidal but I am more passionate about helping my friends, especially those who were with me in my dark times. If anyone threatens the life of them, I will be there to shield them, not matter what.

Now, back to where I was. Oh, yeah, together. I guess togetherness was more or less explained in the last paragraph but we have to stick together. We can't let these events tear us down because if we want better, we have to be better, together. It's the only way for love to really trump hate.

If you don't believe in anything I said or thought it was too cheesy, I guess Canada is always an option. Poutine for all.

Special thanks to Allison Pregler (formerly Obscurus Lupa) for giving me the idea to write this.

Was it cheesy enough for you?




No comments:

Post a Comment